By not commissioning any personnel BEEBE reduces the risk of someone taking advantage of our customer. There is no incentive to sell you something you do not want or need. There is also no reason to rush though a job too get to their next commission. I believe commissions are bad for my customers. Chris Haag – Owner
Facts and Reasons for Preventative Maintenance
- Some air conditioning and heating problems can double operating cost
- As much as 80% of all air conditioning and heat pump compressor failures could be eliminated if the problems leading to these failures were corrected in a timely manner.
- Refrigerant undercharge of only 10% can increase operating cost by almost 20%
- Refrigerant should never need to be replaced under normal operating conditions. If refrigerant must be added every year, an expensive leak exists that should be repaired.
- A dirty evaporator, condenser and blower can increase air conditioning or heat pump electrical usage by 50% or more.
- Just 1/100 of an inch of dirt or film on an evaporator coil can reduce its efficiency by 5%.
- A Manufacturer can void your warranty if you do not have regular preventative maintenance done on your equipment.
People often want to install bigger equipment when they are having a heating or cooling problems. In most cases this is the wrong approach. Big equipment will often short cycle reducing the life of the system and making hot and cold spots worse.
Additionally Excess air can re circulate using additional energy.
Lowering your thermostat – Lowering your thermostat does not make the Air Conditioner run faster. Set your thermostat at the temperature you like and leave it. The time to cool to your desired temperature will be the same.
Forgetting to Change the Air Filter – Air filters are essential to every HVAC system they prevent dust and dirt from clogging your coil or blowing into your home. Air filters will become clogged when not changed. Filters need to be replaced on regular basis. Dirty air filters will reduce a systems efficiency and can lead to the evaporator coil freezing or a blower motor burning out.